Meaghan Murphy is a litigation attorney who advises clients on general commercial litigation throughout Maryland and the District of Columbia, in both state and federal court. She represents clients in a wide range of complex matters and disputes with experience in real estate, civil litigation, and appellate matters.
She prides herself on thinking outside the box, persistently looking for innovative solutions to best serve her clients. Meaghan has represented property owners, developers, creditors, management companies, franchisors, lenders, trusts, and other commercial entities.
She received her law degree cum laude from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law and a bachelor’s degree magna cum laude from Washington College.
Meaghan is a globe trotter who enjoys travelling to new places across the world (or a trip to Disney World closer to home). She lived in Japan for a year in college, studied in a leadership program at Charles University in Prague for a month, and did a whirlwind 36 hour tour of London on a layover. Meaghan wants to visit China next, as well as other parts of eastern Asia. She’s been taking Mandarin lessons to aid in this pursuit. This will be her fourth language, in addition to Japanese, Spanish, and some French.
Meaghan also enjoys playing rugby, which she has done since high school (she hopes to one day check attending the Rugby World Cup off her bucket list). In addition, she also has participated in roller derby and is presently brushing up her golf game and sport shooting.
- University of Maryland School of Law (J.D., with honors, cum laude, 2017)
- Washington College (B.A. in International Studies, magna cum laude, 2011)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- The Honorable Douglas R.M. Nazarian (Court of Special Appeals of Maryland)
Honors and awards
- Listed as “Rising Star” by Maryland Super Lawyers, General Litigation (2022, 2023)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Member, 2019-present)
- Commercial Real Estate Women (Member, 2019-present)
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland (Member, 2018-present)
- American Bar Association (Member, 2017-present)
- Maryland State Bar Association (Member, 2017-present)
News & insights
Multiple Lerch Early attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2022 Washington, DC Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” lists. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding lawyers from more …
Multiple Lerch Early attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2022 Maryland Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” lists. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding lawyers from more than …
- Helped a client obtain a reported decision in their favor in the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
- Represented commercial landlords in district court to evict tenants for non-payment of rent.
- Defended a power of attorney in a case brought by out-of-state relatives.
- Represented a prisoner seeking his release pursuant to the Maryland Court of Appeals’ holding in Unger v. State, 427 Md. 383 (2012).
- Obtained dismissal of a client from a case in the U.S. District Court of Maryland related to fraudulent conversion and unjust enrichment.
- Resolved an encroachment dispute concerning trespass on property.
Disclaimer: Each case is different and past results do not guarantee similar results in future matters.