Larry Lerman is a commercial transactions attorney who closes deals for real estate developers and investors, banks, and other businesses throughout the Washington metropolitan area. He structures and documents complex commercial lending arrangements and represents parties buying, selling, leasing, and financing commercial real estate.
Clients hail Larry as “a maestro choreographing the process” and appreciate his professionalism and efficiency in handling complex transactions. He has been a trusted advisor to many of his clients for decades.
Larry is a savvy negotiator focused on helping his clients document and close asset-based loans, real estate and construction loans, floor plan financing, and commercial leases, as well as real estate acquisitions and sales, tax-deferred like-kind exchanges, and business acquisitions and sales.
He also counsels in the formation and operation of LLCs, limited partnerships, and corporations, and provides opinion letters in order to close loans.
Larry is a connoisseur of single malt Scotch, and he and his family love to hike and have visited more than 30 National Parks.
- Represented client in closing over half billion dollar syndicated loan from consortium of lenders secured by real estate and business assets in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states.
- Negotiated leases with Fortune 500 companies on behalf of multiple shopping center owners.
- Negotiated and closed $120+ million floor plan financing to automotive group in DC metro area.
- Negotiated and closed $15+ million construction loan to local company.
- Negotiated and closed $10 million shopping center purchase in Maryland for real estate developer.
- Negotiated and closed unimproved land purchase in Maryland for real estate investor.
- Represented restaurant franchisee in financing tenant improvements related to reimaging obligations imposed by the franchisor every 7 years.
- Negotiated and closed self-storage facility purchase in Baltimore for real estate developer.
- Assisted Petroleum Marketing Group, Inc. in acquiring numerous service stations throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
- Represented real estate investors in creating TICs (tenancies in common) to sell and acquire real estate in connection with Internal Revenue Code §1031 like-kind exchanges.
- Structured "build to suit" like-kind exchange.
- Structured and documented reciprocal parking easements for multi-use project.
- Resolved defective title and structure cure in a manner to minimize transfer and recordation taxes.
- Negotiated, purchased, and sold numerous warehouse properties in Maryland for real estate investor.
- Represented optometrists and opticians in connection with the sale of their businesses.
- Represented owners of medical office building in connection with the leasing and sale of the property.
Disclaimer: Each case is different and past results do not guarantee similar results in future matters.