Eric Core is widely respected for his extensive knowledge of estate and tax law. Eric has been helping people with estate plans and trust and estate administration for more than 35 years in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Eric has an extensive background in estate and income tax issues and works closely with personal representatives and trustees on all aspects of estate and trust administration. He also works with his clients to define comprehensive estate plans.
Eric has taught continuing education courses in real estate taxation for CPAs and real estate brokers at Montgomery College. He has been included in “Best Lawyers in America” in the area of trusts and estates since 2005 and was named a “Top Estate Lawyer” by Bethesda magazine.
In his spare time, Eric enjoys reading fiction and competing in Autocross.
- University of Iowa (J.D., with highest honors, 1977)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. in Taxation, summa cum laude, 1981)
- University of Iowa College of Law (B.B.A. in Business Administration, with high honors, 1974)
- District of Columbia
Honors and awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates (2005-present)
- Ranked AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Named a “Top Estate Lawyer” by Bethesda magazine (2011)
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rotary Foundation (Board of Directors 2011-17, President 2013-14)
- Leadership Montgomery (2011)
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rotary Club (Current member, President 2012-13, Secretary 2010-11; Turkey Chase Chair 2009)
- YMCA of Metropolitan Washington, Youth & Family Services Branch (Board of Directors 2012-14)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
News & insights
Bethesda Magazine Names Frank Baldino and Eric Core Top Estate Lawyers Bethesda magazine named two Lerch Early attorneys among the area’s top estate lawyers. Frank Baldino and Eric Core were …
Bethesda Magazine Names Lerch Early Attorneys ‘Top Estate Lawyers’ Bethesda Magazine surveyed dozens of local estate attorneys, asking who they would use to write their wills. Three Lerch Early attorneys were included …
Lerch Early Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers in America More than three dozen lawyers from Lerch, Early & Brewer recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in …
U.S. News Ranks Lerch Early Estate Group in Top Tier Nationally U.S. News & World Report ranked Lerch Early in the top tier nationally for Trusts and Estates Law in its …
- Work with clients to design comprehensive estate plans including wills, trusts, and powers of attorney.
- Develop strategic estate plans to mitigate potential family conflicts.
- Advise individuals and families on every aspect of planning for a wealth transfer.
- Work with personal representatives and trustees on all aspects of estate and trust administration.
Disclaimer: Each case is different and past results do not guarantee similar results in future matters.