Larry Lerman retired from Lerch, Early & Brewer in 2023.
Larry was a commercial transactions attorney who closed deals for real estate developers and investors, and other businesses throughout the Washington metropolitan area. He structured and documented complex commercial transactions and represented parties buying, selling, leasing, and financing commercial real estate. Clients hailed Larry as “a maestro choreographing the process.”
Larry also focused on helping his clients document and close real estate transactions, including commercial leases, real estate acquisitions and sales, tax-deferred like-kind exchanges, and business acquisitions and sales. He also counseled in the formation and operation of LLCs, limited partnerships, and corporations, and provided opinion letters in order to close loans.
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. in Taxation, 1983)
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., with honors, 1980, Managing Editor, George Washington University Law Review)
- Rutgers University (B.S. in Economics (minor in Accounting), 1977)
- District of Columbia
Honors and awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law and Commercial Transactions/UCC Law (2013-present)
- Ranked AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Kemp Mill Synagogue (Served as officer, director, or pro bono legal counsel, 1990-present)
- Berman Hebrew Academy (former member of Board of Directors and Treasurer)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Developers, commercial property owners, and investors turn to Lerch Early’s “dirt lawyers” when they need to buy, sell, lease, or develop commercial real estate in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Whether you’re currently operating a restaurant, planning new construction or a grand opening, buying a franchise, securing financing, evaluating or remodeling a pad site location, or investing in a new venture, Lerch Early’s team of attorneys guides you through the process.
News & insights
Multiple lawyers from several Lerch, Early & Brewer practices recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023. Four Lerch Early attorneys have been named to the Ones …
Multiple lawyers from several Lerch, Early & Brewer practices recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022. Four Lerch Early attorneys have been named to the Ones …
Lerch Early Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America Multiple lawyers from Lerch, Early & Brewer recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021. Two …
Nearly gone are the days when real estate settlements are closed in-person with all parties huddled around a closing table to execute closing documents and exchange settlement funds via checks …
Lerch Early Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers in America Multiple lawyers from Lerch, Early & Brewer recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020. One …
Weed Wary: Lenders Should Use Caution When Borrower’s Property has Marijuana-Related Use Commercial real estate lenders must be wary of a borrower who is either conducting a marijuana-related business on …
- Represented client in closing over half billion dollar syndicated loan from consortium of lenders secured by real estate and business assets in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states.
- Negotiated leases with Fortune 500 companies on behalf of multiple shopping center owners.
- Negotiated and closed $120+ million floor plan financing to automotive group in DC metro area.
- Negotiated and closed $15+ million construction loan to local company.
- Negotiated and closed $10 million shopping center purchase in Maryland for real estate developer.
- Negotiated and closed unimproved land purchase in Maryland for real estate investor.
- Represented restaurant franchisee in financing tenant improvements related to reimaging obligations imposed by the franchisor every 7 years.
- Negotiated and closed self-storage facility purchase in Baltimore for real estate developer.
- Assisted Petroleum Marketing Group, Inc. in acquiring numerous service stations throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
- Represented real estate investors in creating TICs (tenancies in common) to sell and acquire real estate in connection with Internal Revenue Code §1031 like-kind exchanges.
- Structured “build to suit” like-kind exchange.
- Structured and documented reciprocal parking easements for multi-use project.
- Resolved defective title and structure cure in a manner to minimize transfer and recordation taxes.
- Negotiated, purchased, and sold numerous warehouse properties in Maryland for real estate investor.
- Represented optometrists and opticians in connection with the sale of their businesses.
- Represented owners of medical office building in connection with the leasing and sale of the property.
Disclaimer: Each case is different and past results do not guarantee similar results in future matters.