Lerch Early advises property owners concerning disputes over property lines, encroachments and adverse claims to property. We also advise clients concerning resolutions by way of a negotiated easement or license coupled with a boundary line agreement. These agreements set out critical terms, such as:
- Who maintains the encroachments?
- Who pays for repairs?
- How are the encroachments accessed for repairs?
- What happens if someone gets hurt on the encroachment?
- How long can the encroachment stay?
- What happens if someone wants to sell their house?
- Is a license or an easement created?
If a negotiated resolution cannot be achieved, we work with the litigation team at Lerch Early to resolve the dispute.