Ashley Haun is a real estate attorney who counsels investors and owners on the purchase, sale, financing and leasing of real estate assets in the Washington metropolitan area.
Ashley has been described as having “outstanding technical skills, combined with a delightful personality and incredible energy.” She serves as a strategic partner to her clients, understanding their current operations and future goals to provide the best representation possible.
Ashley’s representative matters include a variety of sophisticated real estate transactions involving prominent student-housing, multifamily and office buildings. Ashley also has appeared before the Board of Zoning Adjustment and Zoning Commission in connection with requests for variances, special exceptions and other zoning relief, and many clients appreciate Ashley’s added experience in real estate litigation, as well as her familiarity with licensing and permitting requirements in the District of Columbia, all of which enable Ashley to successfully negotiate complex transactions and serve as a resource to her clients in a variety of contexts.
Ashley also advises on the structuring of mixed-use ownership regimes, including the negotiation and preparation of development agreements, condominium documents, reciprocal easement agreements, and other real estate development matters. She also frequently assists buyers and sellers of multifamily properties in the District of Columbia on compliance with the District of Columbia Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act.
A native Tennessean, Ashley resides on Capitol Hill. When not at work, she enjoys hiking and gardening, spending time on a variety of artistic endeavors, and practicing yoga.
- Middle Tennessee State University (B.S. 2004)
- Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- District of Columbia
- US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- US District Court for the District of Columbia
- US District Court for the District of Maryland
Honors and awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch”, Real Estate Law and Land Use and Zoning Law (2021-present)
- Named a Super Lawyer Rising Star, Real Estate, 2014-2017
- Legal Counsel for the Elderly (Young Lawyers Alliance)
- D.C. Bar Pro Bono Center (Volunteer Attorney)
- Commercial Real Estate Women, District of Columbia Chapter (Member, Community Action Committee)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI Next, 2018-present)
- District of Columbia Building Industry Association
- Real Estate, Housing & Land Use Section, District of Columbia Bar
- Young Lawyers Alliance, Legal Counsel for the Elderly
News & insights
More than three dozen lawyers from Lerch, Early & Brewer recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022. Five Lerch Early attorneys have been named to the …
Lerch Early Attorneys Named to 2021 Best Lawyers in America Multiple lawyers from Lerch, Early & Brewer recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021. Two …
D.C. Council Expands Freeze on Commercial Rent Increases and Clarifies and Expands Rent Payment Plan Requirements
D.C. Council Expands Freeze on Commercial Rent Increases, and Clarifies and Expands Rent Payment Plan Requirements On May 19, 2020, the D.C. Council passed amendments to previously approved omnibus legislation, …
D.C. Mandates Rental Payment Plans, but not Business Interruption Coverage At the D.C. Council May 5, 2020 Legislative Session, the D.C. Council approved a Bill requiring commercial landlords and residential …
DC Council may Compel Insurers to Pay Business Interruption Claims It may also Require Landlords to Offer Tenant Repayment Plans DC Council Chairman Phil Mendelson introduced a Bill yesterday (04/30) …
- Represented a leading student housing investor in the acquisition and financing of a $43 million student housing facility in Maryland and two student housing facilities in South Carolina valued at $30 million and $48 million.
- Represented a national real estate development company in the sale of a high-profile $160 million Class A multifamily property in the District of Columbia.
- Represented a well-known real estate investor in the acquisition of multiple Class A multifamily properties in Maryland and Virginia having a combined asset value of over $200 million.
- Represented a private real estate management company in the acquisition of office buildings in in multiple jurisdictions, including a prominent Class A office building in Alexandria, Virginia.
- Represented a leading hospitality company in the acquisition of a portfolio of hotel properties in Connecticut.
- Served as real estate development and condominium counsel to several local developers in connection with the development, operation and sale of mixed-use projects throughout the District of Columbia and Maryland.
- Served as TOPA and transactional counsel to multiple multifamily investors in the acquisition and sale of multifamily properties throughout the District of Columbia.
- Represented institutional investors in the recovery and subsequent development of over 2,000 acres of land in New Kent County, Virginia, in connection with an $85 million bond issuance.
Disclaimer: Each case is different and past results do not guarantee similar results in future matters.