For more than 40 years, Dan Hodin has advised businesses and individuals on commercial and residential real estate and loan transactions, including acquiring, financing, developing, owning, leasing, managing and selling real estate.
Dan has represented local, national and international real estate developers, builders, owners, and office and retail tenants in conjunction with prominent real estate projects including hotels, office buildings, condominiums, apartment complexes and shopping centers located throughout the United States.
Dan knows that responsiveness and organization in the fast-paced world of real estate are key to keeping clients satisfied. He instills confidence in his clients by responding to their inquiries and completing their documents quickly, often faster than they expected. He takes care of his clients, and the brokers, by staying on top of the settlement process, ensuring that all steps are completed as promptly as possible.
Dan’s practice includes advising clients on the initial formation and structuring of real estate transactions, land acquisition, negotiation of construction and architectural contracts, and the obtaining of financing, development, leasing and management of real estate projects. He also represents lenders in connection with commercial and residential real estate transactions, including acquisition, development and construction loans, business loans and workouts.
Dan is also the founder and president of Presidential Title, Inc., which handles commercial and residential real estate settlements in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia, and several other states and serves as agent for some of the largest title insurance underwriters in the country. Dan has extensive experience in title insurance and underwriting issues, and advises real estate brokerage firms on settlement and title issues that affect the purchase and sale of real estate. Dan previously served as co-Chair of the Real Estate practice at Paley Rothman.
Dan enjoys spending time with his wife, three children and five grandchildren. His hobbies include exercise, golf, and swimming.
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M. in Taxation, 1982)
- Tulane University Law School (J.D., 1979)
- Tulane University (B.S., 1976)
- District of Columbia
Honors and awards
- Best Lawyers in America – Best Lawyers, Real Estate Law (2009-2023)
- “Top Lawyers,” – Washingtonian magazine (2022)
- “Top Attorneys,” Bethesda Magazine, Real Estate – Commercial, Real Estate – Residential (2019, 2021)
- Listed in Maryland Super Lawyers (2009-2010)
- Recognized by Washingtonian magazine as one of the top real estate lawyers in the area (2005)
- Ranked AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- The Jewish Council for the Aging (Board of Directors)
- Congregation Har Shalom (Board of Directors)
Developers, commercial property owners, and investors turn to Lerch Early’s “dirt lawyers” when they need to buy, sell, lease, or develop commercial real estate in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
News & insights
Lerch Early Welcomes 15 New Attorneys
Lerch, Early & Brewer is pleased to announce the addition of 15 new attorneys to the firm, bringing the total number of attorneys to 75 and bolstering a number of …