Amanda Sauer McGrath guides individuals and families through the various components of lifetime wealth planning and post-mortem administration matters.
In designing estate plans, Amanda enjoys working with clients to ensure their unique objectives are reflected in their planning. Her relaxed approach makes clients feel welcome to ask questions until they understand and feel comfortable with the complex concepts that may be involved.
Amanda advises clients regarding establishing trusts for children, probate avoidance planning, forming closely-held business entities, maximizing tax efficiency, planning for individuals with special needs, and incapacity planning. Amanda also helps fiduciaries and beneficiaries navigate the probate and trust administration process after a decedent’s death.
Amanda found an affinity for the trusts and estates discipline early in her legal career and has grown from practicing in diverse roles. In an early experience, Amanda worked for a local nonprofit organization making house calls to assist elderly residents with their estate planning needs. The experience of working with vulnerable clients in such a personal setting left a lasting impact on Amanda and drives her to provide compassionate support, in addition to sound legal advice, to her clients during times of need.
When she’s not in the office, Amanda can be found biking around D.C. with her toddler, practicing yoga, and trying out (or at least wistfully bookmarking) new recipes.
- Pace University School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 2013)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.S. in Wildlife Ecology, 2010)
- District of Columbia
Honors and awards
- Listed as “Rising Star” by Maryland Super Lawyers, Estate Planning & Probate (2023)
- Listed as “Rising Star” by Washington, DC Super Lawyers, Estate Planning & Probate (2023)
- Washington D.C Estate Planning Council (Member)
- Maryland State Bar Association (Co-Chair, Estate & Trust Section Study Group, 2021-present)
- Bar Association of Montgomery County
- Fairfax Bar Association
Lerch Early’s estate and trust attorneys help people throughout the Washington, DC metropolitan area protect their assets while minimizing tax liability through sophisticated planning and administration.