Steven Dunn represents condominiums, cooperatives, and homeowners associations assisting with board operations, preparing necessary amendments to governing documents and policy resolutions, contract review, association collections and foreclosures in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. He also represents landlords, tenants, developers, and lenders in various stages of real estate transactions.
Steven considers himself a creative pragmatist who takes great pride in understanding all of the relevant facts and his clients’s objectives in order to facilitate a strategic and efficient approach to resolving issues.
In his real estate transactions practice, he works with developers and builders to prepare governing documents, easements and other necessary documents for various common interest projects and to ensure compliance with state and local disclosure and registration requirements. His practice also includes the negotiation and drafting of commercial leases for both landlords and tenants, as well as easements, and other real-estate related contracts.
One of Steven’s passions outside of the office is serving on the board of Community Residences, Inc., which provides personalized resources for individuals with mental health issues and developmental disabilities in Maryland and Northern Virginia. A proud George Mason University alumnus, he is a men’s basketball season ticket holder for the Patriots. Growing up, Steven ran track and cross-country and spent his summers as a lifeguard on the Jersey Shore.
- George Mason University School of Law (B.A. in Government & International Politics, summa cum laude, 2010)
- George Mason University (J.D., 2014)
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Norfolk Circuit Court for the Hon. Mary Jane Hall and the Hon. Jerrauld C. Jones (2015)
Honors and awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch”, Real Estate Law (2022)
- Listed in Super Lawyers Maryland as “Rising Star”, Real Estate (2020-present)
- CRI (Board of Directors, Vice President, 2018-present)
- Community Havens, Inc. (Board of Directors, Chair, 2018-present)
- MSBA – Chair, Advanced Real Property Institute subcommittee of Real Property Section
- Community Associations Institute – Maryland Legislative Action Committee (Member, 2019-present)
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland (Member, 2018-present)
- Fairfax Bar Association (Member, 2016-present)
Lerch Early’s community associations attorneys provide practical counsel to board members and managers of common ownership communities throughout Maryland, the District, and Virginia on governing and managing effective and thoughtful associations.
Developers, commercial property owners, and investors turn to Lerch Early’s “dirt lawyers” when they need to buy, sell, lease, or develop commercial real estate in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
News & insights
Multiple Lerch Early attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2022 Washington, DC Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” lists. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding lawyers from more …
Lerch Early real estate attorneys Ann Marie Mehlert and Steven Dunn presented on lease agreements as part of the Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation’s Pathways to Growth & Expansion …
Multiple Lerch Early attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2022 Maryland Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” lists. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding lawyers from more than …
Multiple lawyers from several Lerch, Early & Brewer practices recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022. Four Lerch Early attorneys have been named to the Ones …
Lerch Early Attorneys Named to 2021 Maryland Super Lawyers List Multiple Lerch Early attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2021 Maryland Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” lists. Super …
Lerch Early Attorneys Named to 2020 Washington DC Super Lawyers List Multiple Lerch Early attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2020 Washington, DC Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” lists. Super …