Steven Dunn works with developers, landlords, tenants, builders, property owners, and purchasers in a variety of complex real estate transactions in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. His leasing practice includes the negotiation and drafting of leases for both landlords and tenants in commercial, retail, warehouse, industrial flex, and other contexts.
Steven also helps developers and builders to prepare governing documents, easements and other necessary documents for various common interest projects and to ensure compliance with state and local disclosure and registration requirements. In addition, he works with parties to purchase or sell a variety of types of real estate, including multi-family, mixed use, commercial, and industrial, and drafts and negotiates a variety of easements, covenants, and other real-estate related contracts.
A creative pragmatist, Steven takes great pride in understanding all of the relevant facts and his clients’ objectives in order to facilitate a strategic and efficient approach to resolving issues.
Steven also represents condominiums, cooperatives, and homeowners associations assisting with board operations, preparing necessary amendments to governing documents and policy resolutions, contract review, association collections and foreclosures. He also represents landlords, tenants, developers, and lenders in various stages of real estate transactions.
One of Steven’s passions outside of the office is serving on the board of Community Residences, Inc., which provides personalized resources for individuals with mental health issues and developmental disabilities in Maryland and Northern Virginia. A proud George Mason University alumnus, he is a men’s basketball season ticket holder for the Patriots. Growing up, Steven ran track and cross-country and spent his summers as a lifeguard on the Jersey Shore.
- George Mason University (B.A. in Government & International Politics, summa cum laude, 2010)
- George Mason University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Norfolk Circuit Court for the Hon. Mary Jane Hall and the Hon. Jerrauld C. Jones (2015)
Honors and awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch”, Real Estate Law (2022)
- Listed as “Rising Star” by Maryland Super Lawyers, Real Estate (2020-present)
- CRI (Board of Directors, Vice President, 2018-present)
- Community Havens, Inc. (Board of Directors, Chair, 2018-present)
- MSBA – Chair, Advanced Real Property Institute subcommittee of Real Property Section
- Community Associations Institute – Maryland Legislative Action Committee (Member, 2019-present)
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland (Member, 2018-present)
- Fairfax Bar Association (Member, 2016-present)
Lerch Early’s community associations attorneys provide practical counsel to board members and managers of common ownership communities throughout Maryland, the District, and Virginia on governing and managing effective and thoughtful associations.
Developers, commercial property owners, and investors turn to Lerch Early’s “dirt lawyers” when they need to buy, sell, lease, or develop commercial real estate in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
News & insights
Multiple Lerch Early attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2023 Maryland Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” lists. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding lawyers from more than …
Multiple lawyers from several Lerch, Early & Brewer practices recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023. Four Lerch Early attorneys have been named to the Ones …
You come home from work to see that your neighbor has put up a brand new fence, which appears to be partially on your property. Or, you have decided to …
Multiple Lerch Early attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2022 Washington, DC Super Lawyers and “Rising Stars” lists. Super Lawyers is a listing of outstanding lawyers from more …
Lerch Early real estate attorneys Ann Marie Mehlert and Steven Dunn presented on lease agreements as part of the Prince George’s County Economic Development Corporation’s Pathways to Growth & Expansion …