October 22 – 5:00 am – 6:00 am
On October 22, our panel discussed growth opportunities in the County, where owners and developers should be focusing lab growth, and what it will take to rise to the level of BioTech hubs like Boston and San Diego. Here’s a recording of the presentation, with more information on the event below.
Montgomery County has a built-in advantage in the BioTech industry with the National Institutes of Health, Food and Drug Administration, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, and the National Institute of Standards and Technology all creating a critical mass of labs and talent.
However, to continue the growth, those resources must be nurtured and leveraged for Montgomery County to retain and expand the BioTech industry and create new nucleus points near transit.
- Matthew Brady, Principal & SVP, Scheer Partners, Inc.
- Murat Kalayoglu, President & CEO, Cartesian Therapeutics
- Anthony Saleh, Lead Inventor, Discovery Platform, miRecule, Inc.
- Brad Stewart, Chair, Maryland Life Sciences (MD Bio), Vice-Chair, Maryland Tech Council
- Stacy Silber (Moderator), Partner & Land Use Attorney, Lerch, Early & Brewer