The recent announcement of Amazon landing outside of Maryland and a newly elected county executive have given some long-awaited shape to Montgomery County’s economic development and planning landscape.
Lerch Early is pleased to present three of the county’s top minds to shed some light on the way forward. Newly elected County Executive Marc Elrich, Montgomery County Planning Board Chair Casey Anderson, and Montgomery County EDC CEO David Petr will discuss:
- What economic development challenges and opportunities lie ahead in Montgomery County
- What approaches will be used to meet these challenges and to take advantage of these opportunities?
- How important is having a regional economic development strategy for growth?
- What opportunities exist for collaboration even with Amazon’s HQ2 decision?
- What other types of businesses should Montgomery County have its eyes on?
- What steps are already being taken to capitalize on the regional talent and tax base?
We hope you’ll join us on December 12 in Silver Spring!
7:30-8:15 AM | Light Continental Breakfast and Networking
8:15-10 AM | Program/Q&A
There is parking available on site at the Sheraton Hotel, with a $14 daily fee. There are also nearby public parking garages: Spring Cameron Garage (Garage 2) and Cameron Street Garage (Garage 7). For rates and a map, click here.
Sheraton Silver Spring Hotel
8777 Georgia Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Name: Scott Pacheco
Email: [email protected]