January 19, 2021 – 7:00 am – 1:54 pm
Managing Your Employees: What New and Small Businesses Need to Know
View the event recording below or on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UMdbhejzQI&feature=youtu.be
View the presentation slides here:
You’ve done the hard part (or so you thought): You’ve come up with a business idea, developed a plan, and raised the money to get your new company off the ground.
However, one of your next tasks, responsibly growing and managing your workforce, will present a set of different challenges. Whether you have five, 50, or hundreds of employees, business owners must take care to properly (and legally) take care of their workers (and that’s before considering the issues presented by COVID-19).
This workshop will address the many issues employers should be considering including:
- Employment-related filing, reporting, and insurance requirements.
- Hiring considerations.
- Offer letters and employment agreements.
- Wage and hour issues, including administering payroll and classifying employees and independent contractors.
- Protecting the company’s trade secrets and other confidential information.
- Anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws.
- Employee policies.
- Workplace notice and posting requirements.
Join Lerch Early employment attorneys Michael Neary and Nida Kanwal on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 for an informative and engaging discussion on these topics and more.
About This Event Series
The goal of these events is to focus on a topic relevant to emerging and small businesses emphasizing the legal requirements of doing business in Prince George’s County and in Maryland. Each workshop will feature a Lerch Early attorney and provide the opportunity for interaction/Q&A.
Zoom (Credentials to be shared upon registration)
Name: Scott Pacheco
Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Email: [email protected]