Lerch, Early & Brewer, a full-service Bethesda law firm seeks a Receptionist. This individual will work closely with attorneys, staff, clients and visitors and manages the day-to-day flow of meetings, conference room set-up and catering needs on behalf of the firm. The Receptionist serves as the “Voice” of the firm by providing top client service over the phone with fast and accurate responses, often connecting calls or answering general firm questions. In addition, the Receptionist is the “Face” of the firm, being the first employee a client sees when they arrive, providing guidance and direction to their destination. This position requires support of our Records Management and Support Services teams.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greeting clients and visitors warmly and efficiently when they arrive, directing them to the appropriate conference room and offering coffee or beverage service;
- Answering, screening and routing incoming calls on a multi-line telephone system and taking message when necessary;
- Conference room scheduling and entry of reservations into the conference room scheduling calendar and timely communication of set up details to other support personnel;
- All logistics around collecting and placing lunch orders and coordinating larger catering requests;
- Handling basic audio/visual requirements for the conference rooms;
- Maintaining the waiting area, catering kitchen, and all other areas of the conference center including inventory and restocking;
- Assisting guests with making payments including processing credit card charges, writing receipts for checks and cash
- Helping attorneys and legal assistants with conflict checks and client records.
- Working with HR Specialist on Firm Events
Required Characteristics and Credentials:
- Demonstrates discretion and professional judgement while maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude;
- Comfortable interacting with people at all levels of the organization, clients and guests;
- Possesses highly effective written and oral communication skills;
- Exhibits the ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail;
- Has strong organizational skills with ability to work well under pressure;
- Demonstrates a strong aptitude for computer applications, office equipment and A/V equipment;
- Dependable; and
- Works independently with a strong self-initiative and demonstrates great teamwork skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience providing reception services in a mid-size to large professional services firm.
Lerch, Early & Brewer offers excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and 401(k). The firm is conveniently located near the Bethesda Metro.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and hire attorneys and staff with a broad variety of backgrounds and capabilities.
Help Us Learn About You:
The best applicants provide a cover letter telling us about your interest in a career as a Receptionist and your interest in working at Lerch, Early & Brewer. We’d love to learn about you, so please share information you think distinguishes you from other candidates.