Are you looking for a legal environment that appreciates your contribution and values your experience and insights? Do you like working with smart, friendly people? Come check us out!
You’ll be on a first-name basis with our lawyers and staff if you take advantage of this great opportunity as a legal assistant at the law firm of Lerch, Early & Brewer. Successful candidates must enjoy a collegial environment; have strong attention to detail, produce work product efficiently, and communicate effectively with others.
- Produce professional looking documents using the firm’s standard data solutions (Office 16; AdobePro, etc.);
- Edit and proofread employment agreements, employee handbooks (produce tables of content); prepare, edit, proofread and finalize letters, documents and employment forms for clients; prepare, edit and finalize pleadings for our employment and litigation departments;
- Prepare materials for client presentations and training sessions using Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Coordinate with attorneys on court filings with courier service and/or special deliveries;
- Initiate and respond to clients, opposing counsel and court staff to schedule appointments, court appearances, conferences, depositions, etc.;
- Maintain paper and electronic client records in neat and organized fashion for easy access and retrieval;
- Coordinate conflict checks, opening and closing client files with Records Department staff;
- Create and maintain active client and prospective client lists;
- Coordinate with marketing staff to prepare pitch books and presentation materials for prospective clients;
- Collaborate with billing specialist and attorneys to prepare and finalize client invoices; and
- Interact with clients by phone and email to process requests on behalf of the client and attorneys.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years litigation experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment, employment law experience preferred;
- Typing skills of 55+ wpm; excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Office software skills (Word and Outlook; PowerPoint, knowledge of Styles, TOAs and TOCs preferred);
- Knowledge of court filings and experienced in eFiling;
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and to complete assignments with limited guidance;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in a team environment and ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with staff, attorneys and clients;
- Good discretion and ability to maintain confidential information;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines;
- Adaptable to changing priorities and ability to remain calm in time sensitive, pressure situations; and
- Reliable and dependable.
Lerch Early offers excellent benefits including health, dental, vacation and 401(k). The firm is conveniently located near the Bethesda Metro.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and hire attorneys and staff with a broad variety of backgrounds and capabilities.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and note that you are applying for the Legal Assistant position.
Help Us Learn About You:
The best applicants provide a cover letter telling us about your interest in a career as a Legal Assistant and your interest in working at Lerch, Early & Brewer. We’d love to learn about you, so please share information you think distinguishes you from other candidates.