Want to use your legal experience in a law firm where you get to work with smart and friendly people? Are you looking for a legal environment that appreciates your contribution and values your experience and insights? Do you like working with smart, friendly people? Come check us out! You’ll be on a first-name basis with our lawyers and staff if you take advantage of this great opportunity as a legal secretary at the law firm of Lerch, Early & Brewer. Successful candidates must enjoy a collegial environment, have strong attention to detail, produce work product efficiently, and communicate effectively with others.
- Produce professional and accurate documents using the firm’s standard data solutions (Office 16; AdobePro, etc.). Document types include commercial agreements, corporate entity documents, engagement agreements, tables of contents, etc.;
- Edit and proofread documents including written correspondence;
- Coordinate court filings and/or special deliveries with courier service;
- Record real estate and community association documents with Land Records;
- Initiate and respond to clients, opposing counsel and court staff to schedule appointments, court appearances, conferences, depositions, etc.;
- Maintain paper and electronic client records as required by firm policy;
- Coordinate conflict checks, opening and closing client files with Records Department staff;
- Create and maintain active client and prospective client lists;
- Coordinate with marketing staff to prepare pitch books and presentation materials for prospective clients;
- Collaborate with billing specialists and attorneys to prepare and finalize client invoices; and
- Interact with clients by phone and email to process requests on behalf of the client and attorneys.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of real estate and litigation experience in a law firm environment
- Minimum 5 years of legal secretary experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment;
- Typing skills of 55+ wpm; excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Office software skills (Word and Outlook; knowledge of Styles, TOAs and TOCs preferred);
- Knowledge of the court filing process and experience in e-Filing;
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments with limited guidance;
- Strong interpersonal skills for working in a team environment and ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with staff, attorneys and clients;
- Good discretion and ability to maintain confidential information;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines;
- Adaptable to changing priorities and ability to remain calm in time-sensitive, high-pressure situations; and
- Reliable and dependable.
Lerch Early offers excellent benefits including health, dental, vacation and 401(k). We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and hire attorneys and staff with a broad variety of backgrounds and capabilities.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and note that you are applying for the Legal Secretary – Community Associations/Real Estate position.