Lerch, Early & Brewer is looking for an HR Generalist to recruit, screen, interview and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions. You will need to bring at least three years of proven experience in recruiting and knowledge of general labor law.
Additionally, this role will be expected to work with employee’s concerns, handle the performance management processes, and perform routine tasks required to administer and execute HR programs such as benefits, and productivity. To excel in this role you should have proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Create job descriptions and job postings
- Conduct job interviews and required background checks
- Identify the company’s hiring needs and managing the recruitment process to ensure it runs smoothly keeping staffing levels at the needed levels
- Work with outside recruiters as needed to fill openings
- Foster a healthy workplace environment
- Respond to employees’ queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Perform employee performance reviews per scheduled time frames
- Ensure employee records are maintained and updated with new hire information or changes in employment status
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources or relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in similar role
- Strong knowledge of labor law
- Good understanding of the full recruitment process
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal effectiveness at all levels in the organization and across cultures.
- Great attention to details
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- SPHR or HRCI certification a plus
Lerch Early offers excellent benefits including health, dental, vacation and 401(k). The firm is conveniently located near the Bethesda Metro.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and hire attorneys and staff with a broad variety of backgrounds and capabilities.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and note that you are applying for the HR Generalist position.
Help Us Learn About You
The best applicants provide a cover letter telling us about your interest in the HR Generalist role and your interest in working at Lerch, Early & Brewer. We’d love to learn about you, so please share information you think distinguishes you from other candidates.