Lerch, Early & Brewer seeks a family law attorney with 3-5 years of experience to join our firm. This person is expected to conduct research and develop case information, evidence, and settlement options; track cases; handle trial preparations with senior attorneys; and work with paralegals/legal assistants. Excellent writing and analytical skills and strong academic credentials are required. Maryland and DC Bar required.
- Executes case strategy with senior attorneys, paralegals, clients and support staff.
- Manages high level/high asset cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; drafting pleadings and correspondence; preparing for depositions; reviewing standard court documents; writing and reviewing discovery; generating responses to opposing counsel; maintaining status reports.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Supports case planning by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; researching and analysis of legal issues; organizing materials for case review.
- Manages the discovery process, including review and analysis of discovery responses, preparation of requests, responses, pleadings, and correspondence related to discovery.
- Is involved with trial proceedings working with support staff in organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready/prepared when needed.
- Attends business development and networking functions.
In addition, candidates must demonstrate high standards of professional excellence, a commitment to outstanding client satisfaction, ability to work well with others, and a strong work ethic.
For additional information about our Family Law practice at Lerch Early, refer to the following web link: http://www.lerchearly.com/services/divorce-family-law.
Lerch Early offers excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and 401(k). The firm is conveniently located near the Bethesda Metro.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and hire attorneys and staff with a broad variety of backgrounds and capabilities.
Help Us Learn About You
The best applicants provide a cover letter telling us about your interest in a career as a Family Law Attorney and your interest in working at Lerch Early. We’d love to learn about you, so please share information you think distinguishes you from other candidates.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Family Law Attorney Opportunity.”