Lerch, Early & Brewer, a full-service Bethesda law firm seeks an experienced Paralegal to work in our Estates and Trusts practice. As a trusted member of our team, you would:
- Meet and communicate directly with sophisticated clients on estate planning matters;
- Review and analyze will and trust provisions;
- Prepare necessary probate and trust documents and notices for Maryland, DC and Virginia;
- Prepare fiduciary Inventories;
- Prepare petitions and fiduciary accountings for estates and trusts;
- Prepare estate planning forms and other legal documents (wills, trusts, power of attorney, advanced health directives, and ancillary estate planning documents);
- Prepare Federal, Maryland and DC estate tax returns;
- Prepare Federal gift tax returns;
- Facilitate trust administrations;
- Schedule and manage court filings in a timely manner; and
- Maintain financial records of estates.
Qualifications include a minimum of 3 years prior estate administration experience and appropriate educational background (e.g. paralegal certificate, bachelor degree or equivalent); strong organization skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail; and ability to work with clients in a stressful and sensitive situation. Additional skills include knowledge of accounting procedures, Maryland, DC and Virginia Code provisions relating to estates and trusts, filing procedures, local court probate rules and procedures. Prior experience preparing estate and gift tax returns and understanding will and trust provisions is essential.
For additional information about our Estates and Trusts practice at Lerch, Early & Brewer, refer to the following web link: https://www.lerchearly.com/services/estate-trusts
Lerch, Early & Brewer offers excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and 401(k). The firm is conveniently located one block north of the Bethesda Metro station.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and hire attorneys and staff with a broad variety of backgrounds and capabilities.
Help Us Learn About You:
The best applicants provide a cover letter telling us about your interest in a career as an Estate Planning/Probate Paralegal and your interest in working at Lerch, Early & Brewer. We’d love to learn about you, so please share information you think distinguishes you from other candidates.
All applicants should send an updated resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]. Please indicate in your cover letter that you are applying for the Estate Planning/Probate Paralegal position.