Lerch, Early & Brewer, a Bethesda law firm is seeking an Accounting Specialist to join our accounting team. The Accounting Specialist will provide support to various law firm financial accounting areas, including general ledger/trust accounting, account reconciliations, payroll and 401K.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Review and verify business transactions including funds received and funds disbursed. Ensure the accuracy of computations and uniform application of policies, procedures and acceptable accounting standards.
- Develop and maintain regular reports via the firm’s accounting system. Assist in updating and maintaining financial spreadsheets and databases.
- Prepare account statements and general ledger reports; extract general ledger information; compile financial performance data; and prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Oversee client trust accounts. Assist with maintaining the firm’s 401(k) plan. Assist with payroll.
- B.S. in a business related degree with completion of accounting courses
- 1 to 2 years of experience in accounting preferred
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting, accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures that are reflective of the financial services industry
- Proven Excel skills and exposure to automated accounting systems
Lerch Early offers excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave and 401(k). The firm is conveniently located near the Bethesda Metro. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and hire attorneys and staff with a broad variety of backgrounds and capabilities.
Help Us Learn About You:
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and note that you are applying for the Accounting Specialist position.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter telling us about your applicable Accounting experience and your interest in working at Lerch Early. Please share any information that you believe will distinguish you from other candidates.