March 3, 2020 – 6:30 am – 8:00 am
Combating sexual harassment in the workplace and managing employee use of legalized marijuana and opioid addiction is critical for employers to attract new workers and to retain existing workers as demand for workers in the construction industry continues to skyrocket. Lerch, Early & Brewer employment attorneys Julie Reddig and Nida Kanwal will discuss practical measures that employers can take to proactively address these prevalent issues, including:
- What types of policies and training effectively prevent sexual harassment in the workplace?
- How do you balance an employee’s right to use marijuana legally with federal laws that still consider it illegal?
- How should an employer respond when an employee or applicant tests positive for cannabis?
- Must employers continue to test for cannabis?
- What to do in situations when an employee may or may not be using opioids legally?
- What if the legal use is related to a workplace-related injury?
- How can your company work with employees who may be suffering from addiction?
They also will address recently passed employment laws and future legislation that will impact Washington County employers.
Registration and more info: https://web.hagerstown.org/events/The-Learning-Lunch-Hour-2996/details
58 E. Washington St.
Name: Julie Reddig
Title: Employment Attorney
Email: [email protected]