Lerch Early attorneys know how and when to mount a strong and vigorous defense of individuals and businesses facing serious federal criminal charges, including white-collar offenses such as fraud, corruption, criminal tax and conflict-of-interest cases.
At the same time, our experience, strong relationships and deep understanding of judicial and prosecutorial processes inform wise decisions, including decisions to cooperate where appropriate. Devotion to our clients’ longterm interests is key to our success in every case.
We defend clients in state and federal courts, represent them in appearances before federal and state grand jury investigative bodies, guide them in testifying before congressional committees, and conduct thorough internal investigations on their behalf.
- Represented executives of domestic and foreign corporations in U.S. Department of Justice price fixing investigations
- Represented chief information officer of non-profit organization in DOJ wire fraud investigation
- Represented former investment bank executive in DOJ fraud and money laundering investigation
- Represented former CEO of independent drilling company in DOJ securities fraud investigation
- Represented current and former federal, state, and corporate officials in DOJ public corruption and conflict of interest investigations
- Represented employees of medical device manufacturer in DOJ investigation of “off label marketing” violations of Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act
- Represented former executives of information technology companies in Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement litigation and investigations
- Represented corporate victim of embezzlement scheme during investigation, conviction, and sentencing of corporate executive
- Represented victim of extortion and wire fraud scheme
- Served as defense trial co-counsel in 2013 three-month jury trial of a defendant indicted in one of the most significant health care fraud prosecutions in the United States.