Robby Brewer Appointed to Newly Formed Montgomery County Economic Development Corp Board
Land use attorney Robby Brewer was recently appointed to the board of the newly formed Montgomery County Economic Development Corp. by County Executive Ike Leggett. The Board is comprised of 11 local business leaders with expertise across many industries.
The county-funded agency, which replaces the county's Department of Economic Development, was created on the idea that the private sector is best-positioned to foster a business-friendly legislative and regulatory environment, to grow business, and to create jobs. The group will pool its collective resources and influence to market Montgomery County both nationally and internationally.
Joining Robby on the board are:
- James Brady, vice president of finance with MedImmune LLC
- Terry Forde, president and CEO of Adventist HealthCare Inc.
- Ronald Paul, chairman and CEO of EagleBank
- Sanjay Rai, senior vice president for academic affairs with Montgomery College
- Cidalia Luis-Akbar, president and owner of M. Luis Construction Co. Inc.
- Ola Sage, founder and CEO of e-Management
- Tien Wong, chairman of Opus8 Inc.
- Robert Buchanan, principal with Buchanan Partners
- Angela Graham, president and CEO of Quality Biological Inc.
- Unnamed workforce development representative from WorkSource Montgomery
Robby is an attorney at Lerch, Early & Brewer in Bethesda, Maryland whose practice is rooted in the firm’s Land Use & Zoning and Health Care groups. Robby skillfully guides clients through the critical phases of expanding, developing, buying and selling real property, and has counseled hospitals, institutional health care entities and physicians in a wide variety of health care and land use matters.