Marc Engel Presents Employment Law Workshop to Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
Employment attorney Marc Engel ran a workshop for Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce (MCCC) members on July 28. The focus of the session was to help small and medium sized businesses and non-profit employers understand and comply with employment laws.
Topics addressed included:
- "Ban the Box"
- The New Sick and Safe Leave Act (effective Oct. 1)
- Montgomery County's New Proposed Minimum Wage Law
- Employee or Independent Contractor?
- Time Sheets and Overtime
- Upcoming Changes to the Federal Overtime Regulations (effective Dec. 1)
- Strategies for Preventing and Defending Overtime and Other Claims for Unpaid Compensation
Marc's presenation was part of MCCC's Business EXCELerator series, which is intended to accelerate success for small businesses and government contractors through information, resources, and relationships.
Marc Engel is an employment attorney at Lerch, Early & Brewer in Bethesda, Maryland who brings nearly 30 years of wide-ranging civil litigation and counseling experience to his practice, and has represented clients in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies and various arbitration panels.