Employment Attorney Marc Engel to speak about New Employment Law Changes at Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce Workshop
Employment attorney Marc Engel is conducting a member workshop on “New Employment Law Changes Every Business Should Know” for The Greater Bethesda Chamber of Commerce on July 27.
Marc will cover:
- Sick and Safe Leave requirements in Montgomery County (effective October 1, 2016).
- Tipped wages in Montgomery County and requirements of employers to report those wages.
- Montgomery County’s current and relatively new minimum wage law, and new legislation that would increase those wages.
- The new federal overtime regulations.
- Legislation at the local and state levels that we can expect in 2017.
The workshop is for chamber members only. Business owners and supervisors (including non-profits and associations) who are responsible for their organizations' hiring and employee management practices should attend.
For more information and to register, please visit the event page.
Marc Engel is an employment attorney at Lerch, Early & Brewer in Bethesda, Maryland who brings nearly 30 years of wide-ranging civil litigation and counseling experience to his practice, and has represented clients in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies and various arbitration panels.