Chambers USA 2012 Recognizes Lerch Early in Corporate, Health Care, Litigation and Real Estate Law
Chambers USA 2012: America's Leading Lawyers for Business recognized Lerch, Early & Brewer in Maryland in the areas of Corporate/M&A (Ranked 3), Health Care (Ranked 3), Litigation: General Commercial (Ranked 3) and Real Estate (Ranked 2) law, characterizing Lerch Early as a "well-regarded midsized firm" whose attorneys "are well respected, well connected and well informed about what's going on in Montgomery County."
In the area of corporate law, Chambers says the firm "handles corporate and transactional matters, acting on behalf of clients from the defense, manufacturing, construction and real estate sectors. The team also represents a good choice of counsel for government contractors, and petroleum and food distribution industries." For health care, Chambers notes that Lerch Early's "Bethesda-based healthcare team acts on behalf of both physicians and hospitals, advising on a diverse range of healthcare issues, including Medicare fraud, licensing work, compliance and enforcement matters. It also handles healthcare-related disputes and comes highly sought after for its assistance with guardianship matters." In litigation, the firm is described as "sought after to handle commercial, employment and banking litigation for clients such as Adventist HealthCare, Community Association Underwriters of America and First American Title Insurance." In the area of real estate, Chambers says "this firm is regarded as a leading name in zoning and land use, with particular strength in acting on developments in Montgomery County" and that "the group is also highly respected for its transactional capabilities
Lerch, Early & Brewer is the only Montgomery County firm and the only firm of fewer than 125 attorneys to be recognized in multiple categories.
In addition to these firm-wide rankings, the following attorneys were individually recognized:
- Robert G. Brewer, Jr. in Real Estate: Land Use (Ranked 1). Chambers says he "enjoys an excellent reputation in Montgomery County, particularly for his expertise in land use and zoning. "
- Lauri E. Cleary in Litigation: General Commercial (Ranked 3). Chambers sources say she "undertakes a wide range of complex disputes."
- Sigrid Haines in Health Care (Ranked 3). Chambers says she is "noted by market sources for her expertise in hospital credentialing."
- Pat Harris in Real Estate: Land Use (Ranked 3). Chambers says she "maintains a strong track record acting on behalf of developers and property owners."
- Bob Harris in Real Estate: Land Use (Ranked 3). Chambers says he "comes particularly recommended for his work with landowners."
- Bill Kominers in Real Estate: Land Use (Ranked 3). Chambers says he "has a fine reputation for representing developers and owners and is also highly sought after to advise building associations and technology clients."
- Stanley J. Reed in Litigation: General Commercial (Ranked 3). Chambers notes that Stan chairs "a general litigation practice that handles a wide variety of disputes, acting for hospitals, individuals, legal professionals, insurance companies and religious organizations, to name a few."
- Raymond J. Sherbill in Corporate/M&A (Ranked 4). Chambers quotes an "impressed" client as saying Ray "writes excellent briefs and has very good judgment and unquestionable integrity."
Chambers USA conducts interviews and independent research to develop its lists of lawyers and law firms, which are ranked in bands from 1-6, with 1 being the highest. To read the complete reviews, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
Lerch, Early & Brewer is a full-service law firm located in Bethesda, Maryland that gives clients “ideas that work.” The firm’s attorneys practice in the areas of business law, commercial lending, community associations, elder law, employment, estates, family law, health care, land use, litigation, real estate and taxation.