Brad McCullough to Host Webinar on 'Tips for Success in Appellate Practice'
Litigator Brad McCullough is hosting a webinar on March 15 titled "Maintaining Your Appeal: Tips for Success in Appellate Practice." The webinar is presented by the Clear Law Institute.
Brad will discuss the similarities and differences between trial court practice and appellate practice. He will also cover:
- How to write a successful brief:
- Knowing your court, its rules, and its preferences.
- How to identify the best tone or voice for your brief
- What to say in your statement of the case or statement of facts
- How to select your issues
- How to frame the issues presented
- How to identify and reflect the standard of review in your brief
- How to organize your argument
- How to prepare for oral argument:
- Knowing the law
- Knowing both sides’ arguments and briefs
- How to effectively use “moot courts”
- How to engage in dialogue
- How to answer questions without being evasive
- How advocacy in appellate court can differ from advocacy in trial court
The webinar takes place from 3:00 pm to 4:15 pm on March 15. The course is approved for Continuing Education Credits in most jurisdictions. Find more information and register here: http://clearlawinstitute.com/shop/webinars/maintaining-your-appeal-tips-for-success-in-appellate-practice/.
Brad McCullough is a commercial and business litigator and appellate attorney at Lerch, Early & Brewer in Bethesda, Maryland. Brad represents businesses and individuals in a wide variety of cases in federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as before arbitration panels and in mediation proceedings.