Bob Harris to Speak at Upcoming ULI Event on 'How Suburban and Urban Built Environments are Shaping Each Other'
Land use attorney Bob Harris will speak on the panel at an upcoming Urban Land Institute event focusing on the relationship between cities and their surrounding suburbs.
“The Suburban/Urban Exchange: How Suburban and Urban Built Environments are Shaping Each Other” will address:
- What challenges and opportunities do these recent trends present for retailers, both in urban and suburban markets?
- How are demographic changes influencing the design, product type and amenities of residential developments in both suburban and urban environments – why are the suburbs becoming more urbane while cities take on some traditionally-suburban characteristics?
- Have zoning regulations evolved to facilitate or thwart the changing landscape of suburban and urban areas?
- What are the challenges for both suburban and urban development going forward?
- How will current demographic trends and living preferences shape the built environment in the future?
The event takes place on December 9. For more information and to register, click here.
Bob Harris is a land use and real estate attorney at Lerch, Early & Brewer in Bethesda, Maryland who helps landowners strategically improve the use and value of their real estate. His practice includes zoning, land use, real estate and municipal affairs.