Presumed Guilty: What Employers Need to Know About the DC Wage Theft Law
February 14, 2017
The seminar was tailored to contractors who employ subcontractors and are working on DC projects. Topics included:
- Key provisions of the DC Wage Theft Prevention Act.
- Overview of the law and penalties for employers.
- Litigation under the DC Wage Theft Prevention Act.
- What litigation looks like: the claims, the parties, the types of action, and what the experience is like for employers.
- Prevention of claims under the DC Wage Theft Prevention Act.
- How to avoid employment claims by your employees or having to pay for a subcontractor's wage violations.
Here are the program slides:
For more information on the DC Wage Theft Act, check out Julie's article at DC Employers Should Comply Now with New Wage Theft Act to Avoid Severe Financial and Criminal Penalties.
AGC of Metropolitan Washington DC is a trade association uniquely focused on working with general contractors, subcontractors and associated service providers. Through forums, conferences, and small group meetings, and unique specialized training, it brings the industry face-to-face with owners and experts with the tools your company needs to improve your bottom line.
Mike Neary, Julie Reddig, and Rick Vernon are employment attorneys at Lerch Early who represent management in all matters that concern the employment relationship and the workplace.