An Insider's Guide to Noncompetes, Nondisclosures, and Other Effective Agreements
February 26, 2019
8:00am - 10:30am
7600 Wisconsin Ave.
Bethesda, MD 20814
Join Lerch Early business and employment attorneys for an important discussion about how important restrictive agreements are to protecting the ongoing operations of your business and its eventual succession or sale, and about how to persuade others to sign them. From noncompetes to NDAs, learn how these agreements can safeguard your employees, assets, and customers, and also enhance the value of your business.
Who Should Attend
- Business owners
- COOs and CFOs
- Human resources executives and managers
- Business advisors
What You'll Learn
- "Restrictive Covenants 101," including noncompetes, NDAs/confidentiality agreements, nonsolicits concerning both customers and employees, and assignments of invention rights
- What’s new in this area, including social media conundrums
- How some supposedly “standard form” commercial NDAs can strangle your business
- The practical implications of restrictions – what’s manageable, enforceable, operationally sound, relationship-enhancing—or not
- How and when to enforce restrictive covenants
- What these agreements can mean in the sale of your business
8:00 - 8:30 AM | Light Continental Breakfast and Networking
8:30 - 10:30 AM | Program/Q&A
Parking in our building is extremely limited. Please plan to use one of the convenient public parking garages listed on the "Directions" tab at lerchearly.com/contact/.
Registration with continental breakfast is complimentary, but space is limited. Please RSVP by February 20.