We’re seeking an experienced paralegal to work with our Commercial Lending practice.
Specifically, this position is responsible for:
- Draft loan documents such as, but not limited to, Deeds of Trust, Mortgages, Notes, Security Agreements, HUD-1 and Guarantees for Attorney review.
- Review and analyze Credit Approval Memorandum, Commitment Letter and Authorizations and prepare Loan Review Memo outlining pertinent issues that may adversely affect the Lender.
- Research, review and resolve title and surveys issues in regards to outstanding liens, incorrect legal descriptions or incorrect coverage.
- Review vendor invoices to verify accuracy and prepare/request payments; research methods to reduce costs including setting up accounts with jurisdiction for direct orders.
- Order due diligence items using department credit card.
- Review judgment and lien searches and advise Lender of open lien, judgment, pending litigation and bankruptcies.
- Review/supervise work product of secretary and junior paralegal in Banking practice.
- Develop, maintain and update form documents for practice use Direct correspondence with Lenders and Borrowers regarding outstanding due diligence items, issues to resolve prior to loan closing and matters pertaining to post-closing requirements.
- Bachelors of Science degree, majoring in a business related field
- Paralegal Certificate from an accredited institute (preferred)
- 10 or more years of relevant work experience in private law firm or banking environment
In addition, candidates must demonstrate high standards of professional excellence, a commitment to outstanding client satisfaction, ability to work well with others, and a strong work ethic.
For additional information about our Commercial Lending practice at Lerch Early, refer to the following web link:
Lerch Early offers excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and 401(k). The firm is conveniently located near the Bethesda Metro.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and hire attorneys and staff with a broad variety of backgrounds and capabilities.
Help Us Learn About You
The best applicants provide a cover letter telling us about your interest in a career as a Family Law Paralegal and your interest in working at Lerch Early. We’d love to learn about you, so please share information you think distinguishes you from other candidates.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Commercial Lending Paralegal Opportunity.”