Want to use your legal experience in a law firm where you get to work with smart, friendly people? You’ll be on a first-name basis with our lawyers and staff if you take advantage of this great opportunity as a litigation legal secretary in our family law practice at Lerch, Early & Brewer.
You will provide clerical support primarily to two partner attorneys and one associate attorney. Your responsibilities would include:
- Preparing documents, forms, spreadsheets, and presentations in support of the litigation process from pre-trial through post-trial agreements;
- Initiating and responding to clients, opposing counsel and court staff to schedule meetings, obtain and provide discovery; coordinate process servers, subpoenas, mediations and collaborative law meetings; and much, much more;
- Organizing and maintaining files;
- Processing intake of new clients;
- Working with attorneys’ billing specialist to prepare invoices, create cover letters, copy and mail invoices; and
- Providing support for special projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
Successful candidates will have the following experience and abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years litigation experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment. Family law experience preferred;
- Advanced/expert knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Knowledge of court filings and the ability to eFile;
- Strong organizational skills to manage workload and prioritize multiple projects in order to meet all deadlines;
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and remain calm in deadline-driven and high-pressure situations;
- Professional and effective written and oral communication skills with excellent grammar, punctuation, tone and spelling;
- High productivity with minimal instruction and supervision; and
- Discretion and the ability to maintain confidences.
For additional information about our Family Law practice at Lerch, Early & Brewer, refer to the following web link: https://www.lerchearly.com/services/divorce-family-law/
Lerch Early offers excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, paid holiday, vacation and sick leave and 401(k). The firm is conveniently located near the Bethesda Metro.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and hire attorneys and staff with a broad variety of backgrounds and capabilities.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and note that you are applying for the Legal Secretary – Family Law position. The best applicants provide a cover letter telling us about your interest in a career as a Legal Secretary and your interest in working at Lerch, Early & Brewer. We’d love to learn about you, so please share information you think distinguishes you from other candidates.