Divorce Lawyer and Family Law Attorney
Deborah Webb is a divorce lawyer at Lerch, Early & Brewer in Bethesda, Maryland. As an accomplished family law attorney, she skillfully guides clients from separation through divorce, as well as through alimony and custody issues. Deborah understands the complex aspects of family law and is deeply committed to helping her clients through the emotionally difficult and financially uncertain process in the most expedient and least stressful way. She helps clients negotiate property distribution, spousal support and child visitation.
Deborah’s background in criminal law makes her a skilled trial lawyer and a strong advocate. When appropriate, she tries to resolve issues without resorting to costly litigation. Detailed, task-oriented and understanding, she helps clients identify what’s most important to them and advises them on creative strategies to achieve their goals.
Through her representation of celebrities and professional athletes, Deborah has gained a wide breadth of experience in handling complex financial matters and in negotiating unique settlements. Her skills also include negotiation and litigation in matters involving business and stock option disputes between business owners and their spouses. She additionally represents clients with prenuptial and post-marital planning and post-divorce issues, such as modification of custody and support and relocation matters.
Deborah received her B.A., cum laude, from Gettysburg College in 1991 and her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1994. She is admitted to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Prior to joining Lerch Early, she was an attorney in Baltimore, Maryland.
Deborah’s deep family law knowledge and experience is widely recognized. She often is appointed by the Circuit Court for Montgomery County to represent children in complex custody disputes and to handle alternative dispute resolution (ADR) family law cases. Deborah has been selected by her peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America in the field of Family Law and has been recognized by Maryland Super Lawyers as one of Maryland’s “Top 25 Women Attorneys” and DC Super Lawyers as one of the District of Columbia’s “Top 100 Attorneys.” She also has been elected a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, among the most prestigious organizations for family law practitioners.
As an active member of the Montgomery County and Maryland State Bar Associations, Deborah lectures frequently to other lawyers on divorce, separation agreements, domestic violence, and custody and support issues. She is also a past president of the Collaborative Divorce Association, Inc. Deborah received a Committee Chair of the Year Award from the Montgomery County Bar Association for her work with the Fee Dispute Resolution Committee. She co-chaired the Family Law Section from 2002-2003 and received the award for Outstanding Section Chair of the Year. Deborah previously served on the Maryland State Bar Association’s Family and Juvenile Law Section Council and she is a past member of the Maryland State Bar Association’s Board of Governors.
Deborah enjoys traveling and is well on her way to achieving her goal of visiting all 50 states.
Honors and Awards
- Received "Family Law Practitioner of the Year" award from Bar Association of Montgomery County (2014)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (2010-present)
- Listed in Maryland and DC Super Lawyers (2010-present)
- Ranked AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Listed in Top 10 Attorneys, Maryland Super Lawyers (2013)
- Listed in Top 100 Attorneys, Washington, D.C. Area Super Lawyers (2012-present)
- Listed in Top 50 Women Attorneys, Maryland Super Lawyers (2010-present)
- Listed in Top 50 Women Attorneys, Washington, D.C. Area Super Lawyers (2010-present)
- Named "Rising Star" in Family Law by Maryland Super Lawyers (2009)
- Named "Bar Leader" by Montgomery County Bar Foundation (2009)
- Received “Committee Chair of the Year” award from Bar Association of Montgomery County for chairing Fee Dispute Resolution Committee (2009)
- Received “Outstanding Section Chair of the Year” award from Bar Association of Montgomery County for co-chairing Family Law Section (2003)
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Treasurer 2013-2014, Co-Chair, Annual Symposium 2013, Fellow 2011-present)
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Fellow 2015)
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member (Board of Governors 2005-2007, Family and Juvenile Law Section Council 2005-2009)
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland, Member (Executive Committee 2008-2010, Family Law Section Co-Chair 2002)
- Montgomery Inns of Court, Master of the Bench (President 2013-2014, President-Elect 2012-13, Executive Committee 2001-present)
- Collaborative Divorce Association, Member (Co-President 2011-2012)
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member
- Women's Bar Association, Member